歡迎來到 圓球城市 登入 | 註冊 | Help

首頁 作者專欄 新聞 市民開講 活動專區 論壇

Wilson Chandler 加入浙江廣廈

在 09-02-2011, 6:55 下午 由 marchen 發表.第 3 篇回覆.
排序方式: 上一個 下一個
  •  08-30-2011, 10:41 上午 395312

• GTO_Andy is not online. Last active: 2021-11-17, 11:05 上午 GTO_Andy
    • Top 25 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 07-13-2006
    • California
    • 籃球名人堂

Wilson Chandler 加入浙江廣廈

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/6907302/wilson-chandler-signs-contract-chinese-team

Wilson Chandler to play in China

By J.A. Adande
    ESPN.com
    Archive

Wilson Chandler said he has signed a contract with the Zhejiang Guangsha of the Chinese Basketball Association, a move that would essentially preclude him from participating in the 2011-12 NBA season if the lockout ends and the games begin.

The Chinese Basketball Association will not allow players with existing contracts to sign with its teams, so playing in China is only an option for free agents such as Chandler, a restricted free agent who finished the 2010-11 season with the Denver Nuggets.

In addition, the CBA will not allow escape clauses that would allow players to leave the Chinese league in the event the NBA resumes operations. So Chandler would not be a part of the NBA if the season begins on time or even with an abbreviated schedule starting in January or February.

"Maybe I'll lose out," Chandler said. "But I think it can be a great experience. I haven't been in any [labor negotiation] meetings. I can't call it. I'm just taking a risk, at the end of the day."

In theory Chandler could rejoin the league on a prorated basis for part of the season if the NBA is playing in April. Only the CBA finalists were still playing in April last season, so unless the Lions are among the last two battling for the championship Chandler would be available for the end of the NBA regular season if the usual schedule is followed.

As a restricted free agent the Nuggets could retain Chandler by matching an offer made by another team. Chandler, 24, averaged 12.5 points and 5 rebounds in 21 games with the Nuggets after being acquired from the Knicks as part of the trade that sent Carmelo Anthony to New York. "I like [Denver], I like the team," Chandler said. "Great young team. Coach [George] Karl is a great coach. I like the management. Hopefully I'm there."

Chandler's agent, Chris Luchey, did not specify the amount of the one-year contract with the Guangsha, or Lions, but said it was worth less than the $3.1 million qualifying offer the Nuggets made in order to retain their rights to Chandler, and more than the $1.7 million offer that has been reported elsewhere.

Chandler, who had been in talks with Olimpia Milano in Italy as well, liked the appeal of playing up to three games a week in China, as opposed to one game a week in Italy. He also liked the fact that Jim Cleamons, the former Dallas Mavericks coach who was an assistant on Phil Jackson's championship teams in Chicago and Los Angeles, will be coaching the Lions.

But he must also weigh the risk of injury and how that could affect his next NBA contract.

"It's a huge concern," Chandler said. "But as long as I take care of my body, I'll be fine. We've got insurance."

Chinese teams are allowed a maximum of two foreign players. The Lions, who are located in the city of Hangzhou, have also signed Earl Clark, who played with the Phoenix Suns and Orlando Magic the past two seasons.

•  09-01-2011, 2:23 上午 395435 in reply to 395312

• Kenny is not online. Last active: 01-23-2015, 2:18 上午 Kenny
    • Top 75 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 05-11-2007
    • Taiwan
    • NBA明星

Re: Wilson Chandler 加入浙江廣廈

很不錯阿!  他是今年 NBA 封館後第一位要到中國打球的 NBA 球員吧.

與其在乾等封館談判結果, 還不如趕快先找個工作.

只是, 他會在中國打完一整季, 再回到金塊隊時, 他的位子, 會不會被別人取代呢?

Kenny Chen
  •  09-02-2011, 4:35 下午 395578 in reply to 395435

• aa7520tw is not online. Last active: 12-19-2013, 1:18 下午 aa7520tw
    • Not Ranked
    • 加入於 11-13-2009
    • 中華民國-台灣
    • 高中校隊

我只能說,像他這種年輕有潛力的球員,選擇向錢看,真不是個好的決定

只能說很蠢

•  09-02-2011, 6:55 下午 395584 in reply to 395578