歡迎來到 圓球城市 登入 | 註冊 | Help

首頁 作者專欄 新聞 市民開講 活動專區 論壇

'03梯 控衛 T.J. Ford 因傷 決定退休

在 03-14-2012, 1:54 上午 由 Kenny 發表.第 3 篇回覆.
排序方式: 上一個 下一個
  •  03-13-2012, 1:01 下午 416629

• J.F.J is not online. Last active: 10-31-2018, 12:24 下午 J.F.J
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • 加入於 10-07-2006
    • 籃球名人堂

'03梯 控衛 T.J. Ford 因傷 決定退休

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7676569/san-antonio-spurs-tj-ford-retiring-latest-injury-neck

Injured again, T.J. Ford will retire

SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs point guard T.J. Ford abruptly retired Monday following the latest scare to

his surgically repaired spine, which once sidelined him for an entire NBA season and hampered the dazzling

promise that made him a college star.

Ford told reporters that lying motionless March 7 on the court against the New York Knicks wasn't the first time it

had happened, and he decided to walk away while he still had a chance. He was playing just his 14th game in an

injury-prone season when Knicks guard Baron Davis elbowed him in the back, knocking him to the ground.

The 28-year-old Ford didn't move for several minutes and wobbled while being helped off the court.

"If it's anybody else, it's just a regular play," Ford said at a Spurs practice before Monday's game against Washington.

"But because of me and my condition, a simple elbow in the back has a different outcome than hitting someone else in the back."

Drafted eighth overall by Milwaukee in 2003, Ford also played for the Raptors and Pacers but never quite reached the potential that

made him the Naismith and Wooden player of the year at Texas. He led the Longhorns to the Final Four as a sophomore, helping

turn football-obsessed Texas into a rising basketball power that gave the program the profile to recruit stars like Kevin Durant and

LaMarcus Aldridge.

But Ford was just 55 games into his rookie season when a collision with Timberwolves forward Mark Madsen changed his career.

He landed hard on his tailbone after releasing a short jumper and instantly felt numb upon slamming to the ground. Trainers

immobilized Ford's neck and carted him off on a stretcher.

Ford underwent spinal fusion surgery and was sidelined through the next season. He returned to the Bucks in 2005 and was

traded in 2006 to Toronto, where Ford began putting together his best seasons. He averaged 14 points and 7.9 assists in his

Raptors debut, and his scoring average hit a career high of 14.9 points with Indiana in 2008-09.

But by the next season, at 26, Ford was already transitioning from a franchise point guard to a backup. He still took

satisfaction in a career that was mostly played against the advice of doctors.

"I think I succeeded at beating the odds, of being the little guy, making it to the NBA and lasting as long as I did," Ford said.

"I think I achieved a lot. I know I didn't have the career I anticipated and everyone anticipated, me having been the player of the

year (at Texas). But I think I still had a successful career."

Ford said he had no hard feelings toward the Knicks' Davis for last week's elbow. Davis said Monday that Ford was a "dear friend"

and called him to apologize.

"I was just running in there trying to get the rebound and I thought he was a bigger dude. I didn't even think it was him," Davis said.

"When I hit him and I saw it was him, I knew no good was going to come out of that."

NBA players offered best wishes to Ford on Twitter. LeBron James, picked first overall the same year Ford was drafted, tweeted,

"Man sorry to hear about my 03 draft classmate TJ Ford! Get healthy and hopefully see u back on the court someday!"

That isn't likely, though Ford said he still wants to be around basketball.

"I don't think anyone plans to retire early," Ford said. "I was hoping I could get to that 34-36 age. It's tough. I wasn't

planning on coming into this season retiring."

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who signed Ford in December to be Tony Parker's backup, said the team enjoyed having

him around.

"I congratulate him on all that he has achieved as a player and fully support the difficult decision he was forced to make,"

Popovich said.

Knocked out most of the year because of a nagging hamstring injury, Ford was averaging 3.6 points, 3.2 assists and 1.3 rebounds

with the Spurs. For his career, Ford played in 429 games, averaging 11.2 points, 5.8 assists, 3.1 rebounds and 1.16 steals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

長年因傷所苦的T.J Ford 終於決定退休~ 當年他在暴龍與Bosh的搭配真是讓我懷念阿~

•  03-13-2012, 1:05 下午 416630 in reply to 416629

• hyde is not online. Last active: 01-19-2014, 8:42 下午 hyde
    • Top 100 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 08-22-2007
    • Taiwan,Tainan
    • NBA新秀

Re: '03梯 控衛 T.J. Ford 因傷 決定退休

想到當年那重重一摔.....
  •  03-13-2012, 1:11 下午 416632 in reply to 416629

哀希望他的傷不會影響到他日後健康:(

我爸以前做骨神經痛也是一下就痛到眼淚掉出來

我自己肋骨往外突出

在還沒開始矯正的時候也是做在那邊背就會開始痛 :(

這種傷真的很....哀

動輒得咎
    江湖上行走總是要小心一點

•  03-14-2012, 1:54 上午 416704 in reply to 416632

• Kenny is not online. Last active: 01-23-2015, 2:18 上午 Kenny
    • Top 75 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 05-11-2007
    • Taiwan
    • NBA明星

是的, 卸下球衣, 希望還有健康的下半輩子要度過.

對他的深刻印象, 是他在暴龍的時期.  印象深刻的, 不是他的跳投, 也不是助攻, 而是他的 "速度".

他的速度, 就是以他不到六呎的身高, 卻可以輕易的穿梭於長人之間.  輕盈的體型, 加上速度, 真像一台福特小跑車.

看 NBA 以來, 覺得六呎以下有他一樣快速的, 還有 AI 和 Chris Paul.

可是, 輕型的身軀, 一旦受傷, 尤其是背部, 就很難痊癒.

Kenny Chen
以 XML 格式的 RSS 新聞傳送觀看
地址:10646北市大安區羅斯福路3段29號10樓之1
電話:02-2366-1520
Copyright © 2007-2016 圓球城市. All rights reserved