•  08-27-2013, 11:08 上午

• GTO_Andy is not online. Last active: 2021-11-17, 11:05 上午 GTO_Andy
    • Top 25 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 07-13-2006
    • California
    • 籃球名人堂

[簽約]Antawn Jamison換隊不搬家, 加入Clippers, 1年老將底薪

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2013-08-26/antawn-jamison-clippers-lakers-nba-free-agency-chris-paul-blake-griffin-doc-rive

Antawn Jamison signs one-year deal with Clippers

Back in July, Antawn Jamison told Sporting News he was done with the nonsense he had to endure with the LA Lakers, where he said the team experienced a different distraction every week.

Entering free agency this summer, Jamison wanted to take his time and find a team with which he could contend for a title as he nears the end of his career. Jamison believes the LA Clippers to be the team that best suits him. At least that appears to be the case, as he has signed a one-year, veteran's minimum deal to play with that other team in LA, according to an ESPNLosAngeles.com report.

If it is stability Jamison seeks, he couldn't have picked a better place. The Clippers finished their 2012-13 season in a first-round loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, after posting 56 regular-season wins, the most in franchise history. More importantly, the team has strong leadership in Chris Paul,the new NBPA president, and coach Doc Rivers.

They also have the talent to make it out of the West and fight for a title, with Paul, Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford and DeAndre Jordan. They also addressed a need by adding J.J. Redick and Jared Dudley via trade. Rivers would like for Jamison to mentor Griffin and Jordan, according to ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Jamison joins the Clippers after playing through his least productive NBA season and having surgery on his right wrist in the offseason. He averaged 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds last season, way down from his career averages of 18.8 points and 7.6 rebounds. Jamison doesn't see those numbers as an indictment of his ability, though. He believes he has multiple years of good basketball left.

"I made the money, accomplished a lot of things individually," Jamison told Sporting News. "I have a couple years left where I can compete night in and night out and really have an opportunity to enjoy basketball and not dealing with losses and other nonsense. I just want to have fun and be a part of something special."

That comment fits exactly what Rivers sought in adding Jamison. According to ESPNLosAngeles.com, Rivers wanted a veteran without ego whose only interest was playing for a title.

觀看完整的討論串
地址:10646北市大安區羅斯福路3段29號10樓之1
電話:02-2366-1520
Copyright © 2007-2016 圓球城市. All rights reserved