歡迎來到 圓球城市 登入 | 註冊 | Help

首頁 作者專欄 新聞 市民開講 活動專區 論壇

Waiver球員: Chauncy Billups 去 Clippers

在 12-19-2011, 4:49 下午 由 Legend_R 發表.第 22 篇回覆.
第 1/2 頁 (共 23 項)   1 2 下一頁 >
排序方式: 上一個 下一個
  •  12-13-2011, 10:37 上午 406148

• GTO_Andy is not online. Last active: 2021-11-17, 11:05 上午 GTO_Andy
    • Top 25 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 07-13-2006
    • California
    • 籃球名人堂

Waiver球員: Chauncy Billups 去 Clippers

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7346801/los-angeles-clippers-claim-chauncey-billups-waivers

Clips claim Chauncey Billups off waivers

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com
    Archive

The Los Angeles Clippers did manage to acquire a point guard even after the collapse of their trade for Chris Paul by unexpectedly claiming Chauncey Billups off waivers.

The league's 30 teams were notified shortly after 6 p.m. ET on Monday that the Clippers had lodged the winning waiver bid for Billups, who was released Friday by the New York Knicksthrough the amnesty clause in the NBA's new labor agreement.

One source with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com that the Clippers' winning bid to land Billups in the waiver auction was just over $2 million, meaning that the Knicks will still have to pay out the remaining balance of nearly $12 million from Billups' $14.2 million salary this season.

"This is a different vehicle to acquire a player," Clippers general manager Neil Olshey said. "We're the first ones to do it (winning an amnesty auction) and I think there's a little uncertainty with everybody on how the process is going to work. All I know is this is another great addition to our roster. He's a perfect complement to how we play, he's a classy guy who's a veteran and a leader. He shoots the ball, he's won championships. He's going to be a great fit with our guys."

Had no team claimed him, Billups would have become an unrestricted free agent, sure to attract the interest of contenders such as the Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks and the Los Angeles Lakers. ESPN.com reported earlier Monday that Dwight Howard also planned to lobby Billups to come to Orlando if he decided to stay with the Magic.

But the Clippers ignored the recent threats by Billups and agent Andy Miller that the 35-year-old would retire if he was claimed by a team he didn't want to join, giving their roster a veteran boost along with the recent signing of Caron Butler to a three-year deal worth $24 million.

"Chauncey is a warrior. He's a player. This is a similar situation -- we had this in the best year we had here -- with Sam Cassell. He got traded away from a place he was really comfortable in," Olshey said. "All we said was, 'Come in with an open mind. Give us a chance. Look at our culture, look at who we were.' The next year Sam becomes the Messiah, got us to the second round of the playoffs, signed a two-year deal for $14 million dollars and finished his career. It's not unlike that.

"There's going to be some work to do. I think Chauncey would've liked to control the process, but unfortunately we have to do what's best for our team. I think once he gets here and sees the resources we have, meets the guys and sees what kind of team we have, hopefully we can do the same thing with him as we were able to do with Sam andMarcus Camby."

Olshey, in a sitdown with local reporters shortly before the Billups news became public, explained that L.A. intended to use its remaining salary-cap space before matching the Golden State Warriors' four-year, $43 million offer sheet to restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan.

The Clippers then went out and did exactly what Olshey hinted at, claiming Billups and then matching the offer to Jordan. NBA rules dictate that the Clippers can't trade Billups this season after claiming him, so he can only play for L.A. if he plays in the NBA season unless he is released.

"There are some sequential transactions that have to happen first," Olshey said when asked whether the team would match Jordan's offer sheet. "We've still got $3.5 million in cap room and before we give up that flexibility we have to exhaust every opportunity that we have to use the remaining cap room we have.

"But I would expect DeAndre to be here smiling and being goofy and doing skits with Blake at some point at media day (Tuesday)."

The Charlotte Bobcats and New Jersey Nets were among the teams that flirted with making bids, along with the Clippers, despite Billups' threats of retirement if he was not allowed to pass through waivers and become an unrestricted free agent.

"If I get claimed by a team I don't want to play for, I would absolutely consider retirement," Billups said Saturday to ESPNNewYork.com's Ian O'Connor. "The game's been really good to me and I don't want anyone to feel bad for me. I've made a lot of money and I've saved most of it. I don't need the money now. I want to be able to play for something, a championship, and I want to be able to have my own destiny in my hands. If I don't, then retiring might have to be a decision I make."

The Knicks released Billups on Friday through the amnesty clause, needing to shed his $14.2 million expiring salary from the books to have sufficient salary-cap space to complete the sign-and-trade acquisition of Tyson Chandler. The reality is that a failure to join his new team, once claimed, would have jeopardized Billups' ability to collect the $14.2 million, which he remains entitled to from the Knicks even after they let him go.

Miller said his client raised the possibility of retirement after news broke that the Knicks were close to an agreement with Chandler. Billups also didn't want to leave Denver last February when he was shipped to New York in the Carmelo Anthony trade.

"Chauncey's pissed off, but he's not pissed at the Knicks," Miller said. "He understands it's a business and they have to do what they have to do.

"But he's in a very frustrated state of mind because this has happened to him twice now. The way the league is structured, if you're a hot name and teams have interest in you, you have the ability to manufacture mass hysteria, and guys like Chauncey who put in years of high-level leadership, production, and service get lost."

Miller said numerous teams have expressed interest in Billups but that the five-time All-Star, as of the weekend, had not yet begun to sift through the options.

"It would be a complete waste of time right now," Miller said, "because it's been a very trying time for Chauncey.

"He enjoyed the city life in New York and had no gripes about his time there. But if he's picked up in a situation he doesn't want, maybe he retires, or he retires for one year, I don't know. If he can't choose his destiny and he's only there for 66 games, I think he'd much rather stay at home until the season is over."

Said Heat forward Chris Bosh about how much Miami wanted the 2004 NBA Finals MVP: "Yes, I would like to see Chauncey. Any player with his talent, leadership, his capability on the court. He's Mr. Big Shot. He has that name for a reason.

"I remember watching him with the Pistons back when they won it all. I think he fits here. With that said, we can't get too ahead of ourselves. We have to move on with what we have, and if that happens, that would be great. If it doesn't, we still expect to be a good team."

•  12-13-2011, 10:50 上午 406155 in reply to 406148

Re: Waiver球員: Chauncy Billups 去 Clippers

簽了Billups. 那是表示放棄 C. Paul?

不過他們確定 Billups 會來嗎? 他不是說過要有冠軍相才要去

快艇今年雖然還沒啥冠軍相 不過撐個兩三年或許很有機會喔

如果Billups 來的話

PG: Billups, Bledsoe, Foye

SG: Gordon, Mo

SF: Butler, Aminu, Gomes

PF: Griffin, Cook

C: Jordan, Kaman

看起來真的蠻有看頭的 只要再補個內線就行了

•  12-13-2011, 10:58 上午 406159 in reply to 406155

快艇好棋!!! 
  •  12-13-2011, 11:02 上午 406160 in reply to 406148

之前傳出要去熱火

去快艇滿意外的

•  12-13-2011, 11:09 上午 406163 in reply to 406159

henrydu0:
    快艇好棋!!! 

lac每年也在狼來了

這隻球隊看陣容跟看戰績完全不是一回事

•  12-13-2011, 11:16 上午 406165 in reply to 406155

jeremyw:

簽了Billups. 那是表示放棄 C. Paul?

不過他們確定 Billups 會來嗎? 他不是說過要有冠軍相才要去

快艇今年雖然還沒啥冠軍相 不過撐個兩三年或許很有機會喔

如果Billups 來的話

PG: Billups, Bledsoe, Foye

SG: Gordon, Mo

SF: Butler, Aminu, Gomes

PF: Griffin, Cook

C: Jordan, Kaman

看起來真的蠻有看頭的 只要再補個內線就行了

One source with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com that the Clippers' winning bid to land Billups in the waiver auction was just over $2 million, meaning that the Knicks will still have to pay out the remaining balance of nearly $12 million from Billups' $14.2 million salary this season.

上面這一段寫的是快艇用了200萬標到Billups,(原來Billups 1400萬中的1200萬由尼克付),

現在快艇也還在橋CP3的交易案中,

而雖然Billups之前警告叫大家別標他(讓他最後有機會加入自己想加入的球隊),現在被標了,他也不能隨意加入如湖人或熱火球隊,

如果快艇真的連CP3都要到,Billups也願意打,

那快艇今年開始戰績會很有想像空間

•  12-13-2011, 11:17 上午 406166 in reply to 406148

• urt56 is not online. Last active: 06-20-2015, 2:45 上午 urt56
    • Top 500 Contributor
      男
    • 加入於 09-26-2010
    • Taichung
    • 麥當勞高中明星

槍西去了大家都想不到的快艇...看來他真的不想當好人了,直接打了一堆奪冠球隊的槍XD
    正妹的外表,不是她們努力得來的,你不需要對她們的外形有過度的崇拜。多想著你有的,不要想著你沒有的,這樣你就不會覺得自己矮了她們一節。
  •  12-13-2011, 11:17 上午 406167 in reply to 406163

smartson:

henrydu0:
    快艇好棋!!! 

lac每年也在狼來了

這隻球隊看陣容跟看戰績完全不是一回事

今年這陣容,應該會是來真的。XD

波神註定要成為傳奇。
  •  12-13-2011, 11:25 上午 406169 in reply to 406163

樓上說得好,快艇的陣容從來沒有多爛,但是它是陣容不等於戰績的最佳範本

他的鄰居勇士也是長年狼來的例子

這一區的球隊隊名都取得很豪氣,但是其實國術館、復健診所才比較名符其實

•  12-13-2011, 12:10 下午 406181 in reply to 406169

所以會不會又狼來了?傷兵也是一大關鍵 

不論CP3來不來快艇的陣容真的滿不錯

看看快艇這季能不能回到0506年那時的高峰

0506快艇:外星人、老貓、麥格提、Brand、Kaman 其餘:Ross、李文斯頓、滑雪男...

NOW: Billups、Gordon、Butler、幹籃哥、Kaman 其餘:七呎喬丹、MO...

還真有點像,PF都是球隊一哥,外加老油條明星控衛,配上單打能力不錯的2、3號搖擺人和射手

•  12-13-2011, 12:43 下午 406184 in reply to 406181

雖然說狼來了的可能性不能說沒有

但是這季的陣容真的值得期待

重點是,年輕很多

Billups真的到快艇,也願意打的話

以他的打法也是起到穩定軍心的作用

我想應該不會有太大衝突

反而溝通良好的話

個人覺得Billups搞不好還比CP3來得有用

畢竟難保CP3到快艇不會產生什麼摩擦

這樣老大是給要CP3還是Griffin呢@@?

畢竟cp3需要持球,Griffin正打出身價也需要持球,Gordon也是需要大量持球時間...

要做到無私,實在是很困難阿...

而且鬧得沸沸揚揚的最後cp3又不續約...快艇不就虧爆了...

還不如好好安撫Billups,對快艇不是件壞事(至少比較好解決吧?!)

真的要拼cp3,等到他明年變成FA才拼也可以

當然前提是在這之前有人能過聯盟各老闆這一關啦....

Boston 18#

KG GO HOME!!!!!
  •  12-13-2011, 1:04 下午 406189 in reply to 406148

我以為熱火會搶下他XD

所以這表示快艇已經不能簽下 C. Paul 了!?

那激情誘惑的氛圍 是我抵抗不了的原罪